Email me the answers: Bob Webster
- How do we know that a 17-year locust only comes out only after 17 years?
- Why are hail clouds green?
- Since years and dates are after Jesus, why isn't Christmas on New Year's day? And why will we celebrate the mellinium at 12-31-2000 instead of 12-31-2001?
- Why is regular gasoline 85 octane at high altitude and 87 octane near sea level?
- Why is it illegal (in Oklahoma, anyway) to label the alcohol content on beer cans, and a legal requirement to label the alcohol content on wine, wine coolers, and liquor?
- How many calories do you have to burn to lose a pound of fat? How many hours do you have to run (or bicycle or swim)?
- If the Oklahoma Corporation Commission protects consumers, why does it cost more for me to call Claremore (20 miles away) than Seattle?
- Why don't the FDA handle Alcohol and Tobacco and the FBI or Police handle firearms, instead of the ATF? Those aren't very closely related.
- What makes a tidal surge in a hurricane? Is it the pressure drop? The wind? The rain?
- How do migratory animals know where to go? Especially monarch butterflies. They don't even live long enough to complete a round trip!
- The Computer Section:
- Why is Windows 95 so slow booting, even on a Pentium 200 mhz?
- Why do you have to reboot Windows 95 whenever you change settings? Can't they remove a driver from memory without restarting the whole operating system??
- Why don't plug and play devices ever plug and play? You always have to mess around with them to get them to work.
- Why is HTML such a primitive language? Isn't there a better way?
- Why isn't there more than one clipboard in Windows? Even in DOS word processors you could save more than one paragraph in temporary buffers!